Sunday, April 26, 2015

Goodness, time certainly has gotten away from me.

I've spent the last few months up and down and all around. We had a bit of a health crisis in December, and then L was suddenly let go during a round of layoffs at his company. We were in shock, understandably, but we realized quickly that we weren't the only family who was affected and resolved to look at the bright side of things instead of wallowing in the aftermath. Within a few weeks, L had a new job with the same pay and better hours...so it's actually working out for the better! 

As such, I had to step away from the blog pretty soon after I started it, and during one of my recent Goodwill trips I realized that it's high time I start up again! I've been perusing other thrifty blogs and getting my inspiration back. I'm still horrible at taking pictures and I tend to put things away after I bring them home, so that is my number one things to get better at =)

So just a short post today, a to do list of sorts:

In the next few weeks here are my goals for this blog:

1- Post more regularly


2- Take pictures of hauls as soon as I get them home

3- Put together a page/album of all the things I had to leave behind =(

4- Share how I use my finds in everyday life


Not so bad, eh? I leave you with this...a few things that I had to leave this past weekend
 A little owl candle. I'm in love with all things owl...and I regret not taking him home, I do. My reasoning was because it was a little on the high price for something so tiny and it wasn't the 1/2 off color for the week. 
 Isn't this gorgeous? I wanted it...so bad. But alas, I already have a crock pot...and I just brought home another vintage Rival crockpot to add to my stash. There just wasn't room for this beauty so I left it for someone else to snatch up. Next time I went back around it was gone, so that made me smile 
These beauties were at an antique mall that I ventured into. The only one I took with me was one of the dark green fire king mugs in the back center. I left it's brother behind because it had a fairly large crack on the inside (I have a cheery yellow fire king mug that I had to retire because of a similar crack) and although the birds are so pretty, the seller wanted 3 times as much for those so I left them there for now. 




This was another one I regret not snatching up, but in the end...this Trojan train case was just too damaged. I don't know anyone in my area that can help me fix it, and the wear and tear you see was just flaking off in pieces =/ It was sad to put it back, but the inside was stained as well and I'm not even sure how to go about getting that clean so I reluctantly walked away. I also found another Lil' Oscar cooler this trip but the outside was chipping off with just my fingernail so I left it there as well. 

So there you have it, I don't always find something...and I don't just bring home stuff to take up space (although L might disagree with that a little) Sometimes I regret leaving things, but ultimately each trip finds something new. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment